The Faculty of Arts was established in 1991/92 and was instantly operational with the day the university was established. It included the following departments:
1. Islamic Sharia and Law.
2. Arabic language and Literature.
3. English language and Literature.
4. Education and Social Science
5. Fine Arts.
In 1993/1994, Department of Law became a separate and an independent Faculty. In 2007/2008, Department of Fine Arts became a separate and an independent Faculty (Faculty of Art and Design).
In 2006/2007, the Department of Political Science was attached to the Faculty to give it its new name Faculty of Arts and Humanities).
1. Department of Sharia and Islamic Studies
2. Department of English Language and Translation
3. Department of English Language and Literature
4. Department of Political Science
The following are the deans from 1991 to the present day:
The number of full-time teaching staff is 39. The following table shows the categorization of the full-time teaching staff.